Millions of people receive traffic citations each year, but few of them realize the potentially devastating consequences of a conviction(s). While simply pleading guilty to a traffic citation, paying a fine, and attending traffic school may sound like a good idea, have you considered the following implications?

  • ANY conviction for a moving violation can raise your insurance rates.
  • Multiple convictions for traffic violations can result in a license suspension or revocation. In Nevada, if you are convicted of driving with a suspended license, you may
    be prohibited from obtaining another license for a full year.
  • If you were involved in an accident, received a citation, and are being sued civilly, the conviction may be used in the civil lawsuit to show that you were negligent.
  • If you have a commercial driver’s license (CDL), you could lose your license and the ability to earn a living.
  • Additionally, you will probably need to take at least 1 day off work to go to court to resolve the ticket.

In sum, as a result of convictions for moving violations like simple speeding tickets, you will likely pay fines, court administrative fees, increased insurance costs, and attend traffic school. Further, you could suffer possible suspension or revocation of you driver’s license. Please note that, if your Nevada license is suspended, you will not be able to obtain a license in any other State until the Nevada suspension is completed. On top of this, you will need to miss a whole day’s pay, just to go to court!

Contact us now for a free evaluation and a flat fee quote to handle your traffic ticket.

Q. I received a traffic citation. Should I fight it?
Yes. If possible, you do not want a conviction for a moving violation on your record.

First, the conviction may cause your insurance rates to increase. Each insurance company is different, however, and our firm cannot inform you about the amount your insurance may increase.

The second reason you do not want a conviction for a moving violation on your record is because too many points may cause you to lose your driving privileges. The Nevada DMV places demerit points on your license for most moving violation convictions. These demerit points become part of your permanent driving record. Further, you are only allowed to accrue 12 points in any 12 month period. If you received 12 or more points in any 12 month period, your driving privileges are suspended for 6 months.

For a complete list of offense and points, please visit: hhtp://

Q. Can an attorney have the charge reduced?
Yes. At Mueller, Hinds, and Associates, Chtd., our goal is to have your citation amended to a non-moving violation, i.e. a parking ticket. This will not result in any points assessed to your driver’s record. You do not need to go to court. We request an attorney session to appear for you and negotiate your case.

Q. What are your fees?
Our fee is reasonable. We charge a different amount depending upon the exact violation and the location of the court. In most cases, the amount we charge for our fee and the amount of the fine is less than the amount you would incur if you just paid the citation and accepted the conviction.

Q. I received a ticket, but didn’t show up for the court date. What should I do?
You probably have a warrant for your arrest. You need to contact us immediately to avoid getting arrested. Some warrants can be quashed the same day we are retained.

Q: I received a ticket and live out of State. Should I worry about it?
You need to resolve your citation, or the court will likely issue a warrant your arrest, and this will be reported nationwide. Further, each State has access to every other State’s driver’s information. Whether your State will find out about your Nevada citation depends upon a variety of factors. If you receive a conviction in Nevada, your State may be able to penalize you.

Q. I didn’t do it and want to go to trial. Will you go to trial for me?
Yes, we will go to trial for you; however, the overwhelming majority of our clients do not wish to go to trial. Some cannot take the time off work necessary to attend trial. Others want
the certainty of the negotiation and do not want to run the risk of being convicted and have points assessed to their driving record.

Q. I want to hire you, how do I proceed?

You may call our office at (702) 940-1234, or toll free at (800) 877-1737. You may also  send an email to

If you wish, you can make an appointment to meet  with one of our Las Vegas criminal defense attorneys, or we can handle everything over the telephone and via email or fax.

Video Center

Visit our personal injury website if you've been injured in an accident.

StatisticsReview of Mueller, Hinds, and Associates, Chtd